Sunday, January 8, 2012

Eight Days, Eight Layouts

As we begin the 8th day of the new year, I am delighted to have eight new layouts!* The layouts span three different years and a wide range of subjects. There are some with lots of paint, stamping, and/or detail and others that rely almost exclusively on patterned paper. There are items from my brand new Studio Calico kit that arrived on Friday and some pieces of paper I've had for (mumble, mumble) years.

I love them all, but think it is funny how much my style seems to vary by subject.  For example, the "Trailing Destruction" and "Honk!" layouts were made within minutes of each other, but are quite different as I was suiting the design to the photos and their subjects. Six of the eight are completely my design and two draw inspiration from elsewhere (Megan Klauer & this week's Studio Calico Sketch challenge). I'm so glad to be back to my scrap desk and will have more to share soon. Larger versions of most of these are available in my Studio Calico gallery here. Enjoy!


*Yes, there are nine pictured, but to get a square collage this is necessary so my favorite is there twice.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Yes, I am amazed at how completely different they all are. I think its wonderful. If your creativity were a tree, it would be in full flower now. Love them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...