Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kindergarten - Step 1



So, yesterday I was a bit nervous about the impending kindergarten registration. It turned out to be kind of a non-event.  The kids and I arrived promptly at 9 to find no line at all.  We were given a packet full of forms I'd pretty much already filled out.  So, that didn't take long.  M had to have a potty break, at which point I discovered I was the only adult present who had no idea where bathroom was.  Me = newbie.  B mostly played with my phone.  There was no testing-- not sure when/if that happens. I had a bag full of tricks for extended waiting that went unused. 

I got back into a now short line (think two people) and handed in all my forms, had all my supporting documents copied and accounted for and we went on our way. (I was, in my nerd way, very happy to be the only one around who actually had all the many documents.  Being a lawyer happily means I "win" at paperwork---  or maybe it just means I'm slightly nuts).   Total time 20 minutes--- which included lots of lollygagging by M in her rain boots.  

No clue what the next steps are, but I'm hoping for some sort of back to school night type thing where we can see his classroom and meet his teacher.  We shall see.  Meanwhile, it turned out to be a pretty normal school, work, play outside kind of day.  We did manage to get the rest of our garden planted which was a lot more work than Kindergarten registration!  Hooray for Spring and tentative steps into the world of public schools!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...