Thursday, April 19, 2012

First, Learn Balance



There will be no Scrappy Sunday post this week as I"ll be in DC, and likely the above may be the only page I make this week.  Our house has been full of sick kids since roughly Saturday.  Sometimes they've been better and then sometimes they've gotten worse again.  Work, play, and life schedules have been in chaos.  In good news, there is nothing terribly dangerous to them involved, just a fair bit of discomfort.  They, oddly, likely have the same illness, but are manifesting symptoms in wildly different ways.  Add to that the stress of knowing that it could be dangerous to the baby if I were to catch the virus and it has been a wild, stressful week.

Therefore, it is mildly humorous to me that I elected late last night to make a layout entitled "First Learn Balance."   I'd had the title in mind for awhile when thinking of scrapping the photos from our figure skating outing.  However, it also seems to apply to my ongoing searching for balance in my life.  Balance, to me, is more something I know I will always seek than something I think I'll someday find and remain there.  Often our life is fairly balanced and predictable.  This was just not that week.  After all of the above, I leave on a plane tomorrow for a conference in DC over the weekend.  This will likely upend the family's balance a bit more, but may actually help me find some as I'll get time with friends, time alone, and time to think about the substance of my work.  All of that should help calm my own mental place. 

In short, there are lots of kinds of balance and I know that on the ice or not, it is something I will always seek and work towards even while knowing it is elusive.  What do you do to help find balance in your own world?  


PS - Just a quick reminder that Ali Edwards' Week in the Life project launches on Monday.  My plan this year is largely to take notes on the provided worksheets, slip those into page protectors and then do a page or two of photo collages around it.  Trying for EXTRA simple this year given all the chaos, but do want to keep up the tradition of recording it annually. (I say this a bit sheepishly as last year's book is roughly only 75% complete....)  Want to join me?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...