Thursday, January 17, 2013

Scrappy Friday

Every so often I decide to stop taking pictures of scrapbook layouts.  I do, of course, keep making them, but the taking the pictures, uploading, minor editing, and blogging, well, sometimes it isn't the most fun part.  Then, I remember I like positive reinforcement and sharing what I make, and having some record if all these are lost in some disaster.  Here are some recent projects.  Normally, I decide what to scrapbook based on photos, products, or a story that is inspiring.  This time, I set my older kids down with a few photo albums and let them pick out what photos they wanted scrapbooked.  It was fascinating and definitely something I'll try again. 
One of the albums was from 2009 so there are quite a few of those pictures here, including this one of M taking a bath with her Daddy.  This was their special evening bonding time.

A Christmas page? Rare, yes, but they do happen.  This one is about what I think was our first Edmond Electric Parade of Lights.  The top portion of the design was inspired by a page by Betsy Gourley at SC. 


Cute Santa bits are from October Afternoon and gifts from my SC Secret Santa--- and aren't the boys cute?

I think this one was inspired by a Shimelle Sketch.  Lots of fun stuff going on and more of those arrows from the December SC kit and my favored stars. Believe it or not,  I think this may be the first soccer page I've made. 


I could probably scrapbook the Zoo for days, but rarely do.  This one ended up being pretty fun.  I like all things wood veneer and these word bubbles are the newest pieces in my collection. 

So after 2012 at the Zoo, we're back to 2009 at the Mall.  This day must have been really fun as B still was super excited about it years later.  (The paper and most of the other pieces are from the January SC kit).

This page and the next use photos I picked.  More wood speech bubbles, doilies, sequins, and glitter tape.  They make me happy and so does she. 

Lady M loves red shoes and so do I.  Lots of layers, arrows, and fun stuff here. 

Back to kids' choice-- and a new kind of wood veneer and more of 2009.  Sweet Lil' baby M. 

Isn't his smile amazing? I don't know if you can read the words below the photo, but they are all different descriptors of his smile.

Believe it or not, all I added to this page was the words and photo.  It came with this prelayered looking image.  It was almost too easy, but I'm delighted to have another family image in the book. 

This one is perhaps my favorite.  B picked out photos that I've scrapped variations of elsewhere.  The design is based on a Shimelle Sketch and as I worked I found the story I wanted to tell along with a bit of shine.  Love it.

What would you like to see in your albums? Any suggestions for what I do next? Hope you all are happily crafting in your own way!

1 comment:

LB whosthischick said...

These layouts are great. I got so many ideas from them, tFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...