Sunday, April 14, 2013

Scrappy Sunday


A few weeks ago, I shared this page about B's first bike ride.  Afterwards, I just wasn't satisfied that I'd told enough of the story or about how many pictures I had left.   

So, I made this page (based on a sketch by Shimelle).  In the book, this will be the left hand page.  It talks about the bike, our shopping and assembly, etc...  (Supply Note - SC Neverland Kit, MME Papers, Freckled Fawn arrow paper clips).

Then, I added most of the remaining pictures to this divided page protector with a few embellishments. 

The page is 12x10 with room for photos on both sides.  I added just a few embellishments to each side.  Throughout all four pages I tried to use similar colors and embellishments so even though I didn't make them all at once they are somewhat connected to each other.  The story feels much more fully told now!

This page I love, but also have to laugh at.  I bought this paper in that two peas order where I promised I would use everything immediately.  I set up the page and the layers along with my preferred photo, and only belatedly realized the photo is actually oriented the wrong way.  I decided to leave it, but it is a little bit funny.  (Supply note: PP by Glitz, AC Pow paper, SC Stars, Dear Lizzy quote card, "e" from the Maggie Holmes Thickers, a bit of Mister Huey here and there too).  

Finally, a page with my favorite pictures from M's 3rd Birthday party at Unpluggits.  That dress is from the dress-up collection there.  She loved it and wore it all day.  I love how happy she is in the top photo and this quiet moment just the two of us in the bottom photo.  (Supply Note:  Dear Lizzy Quote card, heart card, & brad, Maggie Holmes Glitter thickers, SC Neverland Kit & PP, Jenni Bowlin, Prima, Ormolu, & Elle's Studio tags, AC POW glitter paper in gold).

Yes, I am a big fan of both the Gold Glitter Paper and the chunky glittered Thickers.  They will be on many of my pages until I run out.  I am intentionally using them all the time, not "saving" them as I want them in my albums, not on my desk!  

Now for the exciting news, the winner of last week's giveaway is..... Jenny of Party of Five.  Thank you so much to everyone who left comments and came to visit.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...