Sunday, April 21, 2013

Scrappy Sunday


For this week's scrapping fun, I attempted to use some of those school/activity photos.  I am tempted sometimes to just add them to properly sized page protectors, but the Dragonflies come with lots of photos and stories so I started making some pages to add them into our book.  The above is the team picture from Fall 2012 along with B's individual picture. (Supply Note:  Various SC Kits, digital files, and Arrows).
However we have MANY soccer photos and not all of them are going to get their own pages so I added some into one of these divided page protectors, similar to the first bike story last week.  One of the pages wasn't the right orientation so I cropped it and added in some PP and embellishments from various SC kits.

Here is the other side of the page - I highlighted B's stint as goalie at the end of the fall season, which is described in the journaling on the main page as well. 

Coincidentally, I made this soccer page months ago and will order them together in his album even though I'm not sure they are from the same time frame.  I'm tempted to have a little mini soccer section with some more divided page protectors to keep the "story" of his three seasons as a dragonfly together. 

I randomly pulled an album of unscrapped photos and happened upon these very cute ones of Brent and his baby lady on one of our walks to Sonic when she was just over a year old.  So adorable!  Baby lady was his original nickname for her, which eventually morphed into lady bug when seh was no longer a baby. (Supply Note: SC Spencer's & other kits, Sassafras number, and MME Enamel Dots). 

This is a flash from the past. I think I did this layout more than a year ago and found it in a pile of pages that somehow never were put in albums.  I may have shared it before, but I'm not sure and she is so cute in these pictures that I thought I'd share this again.  I "think" the design was scraplifted, but it has been so long, that I'm not sure of the original source. (Apologies -- if you know, let me know and I'll credit it). 

Finally, another Brent page!  These pictures were quite near the pictures of him and lady M above.  I love this look and it is so how I see him as my husband and our kids' dad in this 30s phase of life.  Those little frames were in the April SC kit and I've been trying to find ways to use them.  I think this works to focus you close up on his face in the first picture and we repeat them throughout.  (Supply Note:  SC Spencer's kit and PP, OA & Dear Lizzy tags, Divine Twine, OA letter stickers). 

I've been having lots of fun scrapping lately and am setting up some scrap time with my favorite scrappy friends in May.  Do you have any suggestions for how we should celebrate National Scrapbook Day together (in addition to just scrapbooking, of course)?

Happy Scrapping!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...