1. Love this. E was in need of lots of snuggles this week as he worked his way back to health. He basically stopped drinking for a couple days while running a fever. This resulted in another Doctor visit and antibiotics for his ear infection (as well as a lot of rough nights). He is almost completely back to his charming self now, thankfully.
2. B is the "STAR" student this week. This is a rotating Spotlight week in his class. He gets to make a poster about himself, bring star bear home for the week, and a variety of other special things. It is lovely, and hysterical. He adores star bear and takes him everywhere. Star bear did almost get kicked out of the spice store today for being too rowdy. His poster is awesome. One prompt was something like what is one wrong you would right in the world. His answer - Zombies. (Yes, we're playing a lot of plants vs. Zombies just now). Overall he's having a great week. Today was "field day." I'm not sure what that involved other than outside games. It was also another "Frog Log" lunch as now that I'm doing the paperwork he won again. He also has a field trip on Friday to the zoo. From here on, it is just a huge list of end of school excitement!
3. It is also "Teacher Appreciation Week." I, newbie grade school parent that I am, thought this meant we would get something nice for his teacher and send it some day that week. Ummm, nope. Each day has a theme. Monday, was something about giving her a drink so we sent Canela Hot Chocolate mix from the spice shop. Today was "she's the write" teacher. We sent handmade cards as part of the stationary prompt. Tomorrow, is sweets day so we're sending Lavender Sugar (from the spice shop, of course). Thursday, I believe is supposed to be seeds or something garden related. We are stretching a bit here, but are sending cumin and poppy seeds because we like to support the family business. The final day is supposed to be home room mom's choice, but as I have heard nothing from the homeroom mom we're sending the Savory Selects gift set we bought a month ago thinking we'd just be picking out one thing... Grade School is complicated for parents too, just in case you were wondering. Oh, and we don't forget the "non-classroom" teachers as Grandma used to be one so they'll get Savory gift cards too. (See, Savory Spice Shop OKC for all your gift giving needs!)
4. Today was a very special M and Mama day! M, as you may know, is commonly referred to as "Ladybug" here so it was only appropriate to dress her up and go to the Myriad Gardens' Ladybug release event.
4. I just love this picture. Random happenstance, but isn't she beautiful?
5. Obviously when one is wearing the most awesome costume in the gardens that happens to have a twirly skirt you must dance. So dance she did. Also, apparently was photographed by a reporter so look for her in the OKC paper this week.
6. One awesome part of today and our week was getting to share it with friends. Gavin and CJ joined us for our adventure and we passed Molly and her girls coming in as we were leaving. I also got to spend the weekend with the Palfreymans, Chrissie, and Sarah. We ate, talked, crafted, exercised, and shopped. It was awesome and just what I needed. Thanks to everyone today and over the weekend!
7. Once our ladybugs were released. We explored the gardens, got a hand tattoo, and managed to take a picture together (albeit a strangely somber one).
10. I can hardly believe school is almost over. I leave for DC in less than a week. It is going to be a crazy few weeks around here. Hold on for a wild ride everyone!