3. This photo is from Lady M and my trip to the mall on Saturday while the boys were at baseball practice. She got two new pairs of shoes. One of which was black patent leather with a heel, which she wore to church and immediately declared uncomfortable..... We found another suit for B to try, which was ultimately too small, but did teach us that suits his size weren't really available at the mall (at least not for a price I was willing to pay). I ordered two more from Amazon. One fit and has since been hemmed. The other is being sent back with free shipping (hooray). Believe it or not, Lady M is wearing a dress she already owned, which is surprising, but lovely. This also means that with a few days to go before the wedding every member of my family has an outfit in mind, pants are hemmed, dress shoes and socks are here, and small boy shirts are ironed. I suspect my dress needs ironing, but we're very close.
4. Speaking of wedding prep -- One of my tasks is making chex mix. Batches 7 & 8 are in the oven. I think I'll end up making 10 total, but how much chex mix really is the right amount for 200 people? No clue. Glad to help though.
5. I went to DC last week for trustee orientation and to give another presentation. The trip went well and was much less intense than October's trip will be. It was lovely to spend each evening with just one or two friends and talk with them and enjoy good meals. The "at home" piece may have been slightly harder as Brent was sick and B got sick while I was away. Luckily, our fabulous team pitched in throughout the week and it sounds like everyone had a great time. Hooray!
6. It is busy season for me. Have I mentioned that? (Why yes, every single September/October ever). Every year I know it is coming. Every year I somehow think our system is better and it won't be insane and I won't be up working every night. Every year, I'm wrong. The good news is that I know when Halloween arrives things will calm dramatically on the work front and hey, that's only a month away! Sigh.
7. B continues to love baseball. While I was in DC, he scored his first two runs, stole 4 bases, and his team moved to winning 5-3 record. Then they haven't played since. Tomorrow they will have a game though and in theory a tournament this weekend, but I'm doubtful that he'll be able to play in that with all the other family adventures planned around the wedding on Saturday.
8. E's new phrase is "no way." I'm doubtful that he knows what it means. If you ask him, did you play with X at school today? He'll say "no way" but if you ask who did you play with at school today, he will also respond X. I promise it really doesn't have to make sense. He also went through 3.5 outfits today, which also doesn't make sense. I still think he is awesome beyond reason.
9. I'm still exercising daily and past the 6 month mark. I feel like I'm not exercising as intensely as I have at some points in this project, but am earnestly doing some exercise at least 30 minutes a day, every single day. Which is good, right?
10. We are all so excited for the wedding weekend. It has been 8 years since my sister got married and more than 13 since we got married. It is exciting to do it all again and to watch my brother be so very happy with the love of his life. We truly wish them an amazing marriage and great joy for the many years to come.
Happy thoughts to all of you. I'll try to return next week, but we shall see how all my ball juggling is going at that point.