Sunday, December 21, 2014

December Daily 2014 - Day 20 - Prepare

Day 20 - Today felt like the essence of Advent - Prepare!  We spent the day getting ready for all the fun that is coming in the next week.  We made lists of food to be made.  We spent $450 on groceries, including pounds of chocolate, butter, flour, and sugar.  We cleaned, rested, played games, and I did a full hour of yoga by myself at the Y. We wrapped 10 gifts.  I even got to sleep in and Brent made pancakes with the kids.  We sipped coffee and snuggled.  I don't know when the last time we had a Saturday with no plans.  It was just what we needed right now.

The journaling talks about the preparing and there are photos of the tree with presents and pancakes underway.  I doubt I've ever done a one page spread of a Saturday in December before, but it was a good thing.  Strangely it still took me awhile to pick out the embellishments I wanted.  That "December" button is from the SC December Scrapbooking kit and worked quite well.  The green arrow tape is from last year, but has shown up a couple times in this year's album.

I'm feeling much more prepared and rested today.  This morning we slept in again until almost 9!  Cookie baking is underway and we're heading out to see Christmas lights this evening.  Christmas is so close we are tasting it now :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...