Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December Daily 2014 - Day 21 - Lights!



December 21 included cookie-making, board games together, and a visit to the lights in Midwest City. 
I loved making cookies with the boys.  I also loved a run by myself.  I wanted to use lots of photos today so the journaling is just on those little tabs. The photos tell the story well with few words today. 
 The back page of the insert includes a photo of us playing castle panic.  I did miss a few of my turns snuggled up on the couch reading E his favorite Swim Little Wombat and Teenie Weenie book.  I do love the star sequins.



 The right page is a few pictures of the lights in MWC.  The lights were just OK from an adult perspective with a lot of them burnt out.  It definitely could use some fixing.  The kids loved it though and it was fun to drive through slowly and point out what we could see. I enjoyed it and and 1.5 hours in the car listening to Christmas music as we drove there, through the park, and back.  Christmas tunes of choice included Pentatonix, Glee Christmas Album, and some Michael Buble--- you know, our usual set.

(Crafting note - the date is the gold, glitter embossed wood veneer.  I added the "magic" tab by using a stamp on a scrap of paper from the kit and then used glue dots to add the stars for extra magic.  The Journaling tabs on the first are both glue dotted on and stapled with the piece along the edge. I want the book to be sturdy in little hand too!)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...