Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ten on Tuesday




1.  I'm pretty sure you've all been waiting for the next chapter in the AC saga, right? So, when we left it last week the replacement unit was damaged and the installer was injured. So the parts were reordered. Wednesday original installer goes to get parts and there are none so he bails on the project for the day.  Friday, the second installer goes to pick up parts on and says they are the wrong ones for what we have.  He officially throws up his hands and refuses to work with our insurance any longer.  Original installer is back on the case, but can't install until Monday.  Meanwhile, I discover the pipes are caked in ice and turn the unit back off.  I cry some on the phone with insurance, but naught to be done.  Saturday night I turn back on the not particularly functional unit. Sunday we hold M's party (more on that later) with partially functioning AC on what turns out to be a relatively cool day. Monday at 5pm (!) installer arrives, finds new issues, and that everything is iced.  Then, offers to either turn it all off and come back some other day when it has thawed OR turn on the HEATER to thaw the ice on the lines and install that day.  We obviously went with install asap and the kids and I fled to Audra's for dinner and cooler climates. Happily, before bedtime it was installed, cooling, and the house was well on its way to cooler temps, hooray!  (tentatively because very gun shy about if it is really fixed).





2. Yesterday, it was fairly cool so we decided to go on a walk/bike ride to the neighborhood park.  Just leaving was a task as M & E changed their minds multiple times about what they were riding and M also required an outfit change as maxi dresses (not surprisingly) don't seem to work well when riding bikes... We finally set out with E sobbing in the stroller over some perceived injustice.  We made it to the park and they seemed to enjoy it, but, as usual, it didn't hold their attention that long.  They were immediately distracted by a small wood nearby (this is Oklahoma so there were probably less than 25 trees, but still...) As they explore through the wood they found a hidden pond we hadn't seen before.  It was incredible.  It was idyllic and an amazing slice of the countryside right in our suburban neighborhood.  We loved it.  They skipped rocks, looked at turtles, dangled their feet in the water, watched birds, etc... Great fun.

3.  Today, we ran some random errands in the morning and had French & Spanish lessons.  The coolest part though was finally trying out the neighborhood pool with the Korenaks.  We, strangely, had the place to ourselves on a totally beautiful evening.  I loved every bit of it.

4.  In other fun news, B is back to reading voraciously.  This week,he read The Guardian Heard, Starfire in one day.  He also read the first and second books in the Wings of fire book and is somewhere in book three of the Mysterious Benedict Society and working on Reach Me as well.  I love talking about books with him and now usually read what he is reading so we can discuss. It is great fun.

5.  Yesterday, after AC craziness, Zane decided to try a slumber party at our house.  He was here for an hour or so and "attempting" to sleep for 20 minutes or so before he asked me to call his mom to come get him.  It was a valiant effort. I will admit I did not focus on finding a house super close to my sister because they tend to move fairly often.  I am SO excited that it worked out this was as being 3 minutes apart is totally amazing.  LOVE it.

6.  M had her first freak out about Kindergarten tonight.  She sounded exactly like me rambling on and on about totally random and illogical things she was worried about or not looking forward too.  For example, she is not excited about information day because she does want to meet her teacher, but does not want all her classmates to be there or to meet them? (so random)  She was also concerned about being in a bigger class and with more stuff in the room, etc.. etc... Really she seemed more excited than worried.  Maybe she would say nervocited.  I am in complete denial that school starts in two weeks and really want my kids here with me.  I'm sure less chaos in the day will have its merits, but really it has been so nice to have these last few weeks especially all together in the new house.  Sigh.



7. M's big birthday party was on Sunday and will get its own post, but surely we have to mention it here.  I think after lots of drama about the AC and the house in general it went rather well.  I loved having people here and having space to include everyone easily.  I'm excited about more gatherings here as we pull things together.  M, randomly, spent much more time with the boys than the girl friends she had been so excited to invite and finally see.  One just never knows!  Most notably, for the only time in her life every single Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, Parent, Sibling, (surviving) Grandparent, and Godparent was in attendance at her birthday party.  Such a banner day!

8.  E, E, what about E? Well, he got a new remote control car from Aunt Jamie and Uncle Carl for his birthday that is very popular with everyone.  It does sometimes start driving a little by itself, which is odd.  He remains interested in Ninjago and continues to have mixed results with potty training.  He does tell me he loves me at least a dozen times a day and, less happily, seems compelled to jump on me at least that many times as well. He continues to be completely adorable, but is growing SO quickly.

9.  Brent's camps are over and I think were a big success.  They, of course, learned a few things that they can improve on for next year, but all in all they went surprisingly well.  He is now on to finding contractors for some of the house projects (which I so appreciate) and getting his car repaired.  Not to mention, of course, getting ready for the fall semester, which he would normally have done in July if he weren't running camps.

10. I have run through my neighborhood the last two evenings.  They are short runs and hillier than in the past, but I've enjoyed them.  My prior neighborhood was pretty cookie cutter with many of the same houses and little variation in landscaping, etc.. The new neighborhood is anything but.  The houses and landscaping are quite varied.  I would buy almost any house in the edition, which I think is a good sign. I am fascinated by all of them and it does help distract me as I run.  Hopefully, I will start rebuilding mileage soon, but really need to pull my asthma back under control before that is likely to happen.  In the meantime, I'll just enjoy what I have and the beauty of my current setting. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...