1. Yesterday, I went to the Mother's Day Tea at E's school. I was 100% anticipating maybe doughnuts and a handmade gift. Turns out, it was a full musical performance! Below are two of the possibly six or so songs they sang. I have more videos uploading if there is interest!
2. Tuesday was "Alphabet Parade" day for the Kindergarten. M chose to go as Anna of Arendelle --- we wrote a story of "a" words - like carrying avocados, apples, and apricots. The hair was a challenge, but worked out in the end. I quickly visited the school to listen to them sing one song in the cafeteria and headed back home.
3. I came back from wandering through NYC to these more mundane, but awesome Sunday adventures - 1) E playing with his new castle book from the Met; 2) B trying to do the mummy mazes from the Met --- they may be too hard for us? 3) M&E finding a new hidden hideout in the bushes.
4 Grandma bought all the kids NY tshirts - they love them and are very cute. There are obviously epic amounts I could write about this trip and I'll try to keep throwing in little stories, but here are a few of the highlights briefly.
5. In NYC, I happened to discover that Simone Biles, 3x world AA Gymnastics champion was doing an outside demonstration on our first morning there. It involved a fair bit of standing in the cold, but it was amazing to be so close to arguably the best gymnast ever.
6. One of the last things I did was ride the seaglass carousel in Battery Park. We just happened on to it, but it was great fun and the video of my ride was the kid's favorite of my photos/videos.
7. We also went the the Metropolitan Museum of Art - honestly I could just live in the museums of NY for a week (with occasional Hamilton breaks). Here are some of our favorites and a few views of GW :)
8, The biggest and best part --- actually the reason for the trip --- was getting to see Hamilton in NY with the original cast. My mom and I are obsessed with Hamilton and to my great amazement the production exceeded my very high expectations. I have almost no words. Just completely phenomenal in every component. Daveed Diggs is my favorite actor in Hamilton and we happened on to him on the street and got to say hi as we were exiting NYC. Just a huge bucket list once in a lifetime moment to have this experience. Thanks so much to my mom for the tickets and sharing this amazing experience with me.
12. We went to see a triple bill at the NY City Ballet. It was a huge, extremely talented company and everything was wonderful. It was 180 degrees different than Hamilton and just a huge contrast in experience.
Yesterday B's "family" for the upcomging land run built their wagon. It went way faster than expected which was perfect given our crazy schedule yesterday.
15. We got to video some of M's dance practice yesterday. She is front and center for most of both of her classses' performances so we're going to need to practice a bit more. Enjoy!
Ps - let me know if any of those videos work. I'm always a little dubious.