Saturday, January 23, 2010

(Tentative) Baby Book Ideas

I am gathering the materials for Maggie's baby book.  I'm going a rather different direction than with Brendan and limiting myself to a very small  number of colors, patterned papers, and embellishments.  The idea being that it will be a more cohesive piece and hopefully faster to complete. (I bet you thought I'd already started, right? Nope).  Kind of delighted that I'm making an overall plan first this time though and think it is a blast to dream of what could be here.

I did get two albums from my baby showers and they will be used for Maggie at various stages possibly including this first book, but maybe later on.... I love the pondering as much as the making so I'm likely to change my mind:)

Here are the pieces I'm thinking of so far.  Any suggestions/thoughts?

Album:  American Crafts 3-Ring album.  Either in Blush (Below) or Taffy which I already have.










Solid Colors:

White/Cream -- I think it will be white, but as I decide on pattern papers it looks like cream may match more.
Baby Pink
Small bits of Chocolate or Kraft Brown

Patterned Paper:


My first choice is from the Bella Bella Collection from My Minds Eye, but it is an older paper and a bit hard to find so we'll see.  (Just noticed they have digi versions of some of this collection....)

I may use the creamy hearts paper on the backside of this from Pink Paislee.

I like this from October Afternoon, but doesn't feel quite right.

I like several different My Minds Eye pages and think I'll look for a store that carries them so I can look them over in person.  Ideally, I am looking for 3-5 pattern papers total.

Ink, etc
 I think in the brown family both for writing and any use of stamping I may do.

Embellishments

Flowers - Not sure which yet, but I like these and these and probably more economically these.

May include a few swirly rub-ons or possibly flowers/butterfly rubons.


Tabs between the months from Jenni Bowlin:


Pearl Brad Accents from American Crafts 







And, of course butterflies!  I LOVE these new ones from Jenni Bowlin, in pink, of course!

So, what do you think? At the moment, it doesn't quite gel with a cohesive look, but I thought tossing the ideas out and having them all in one place might help.  The big scrapbooking show where the new products are introduced is going on this week and I expect I may find some other good ideas as that progresses.  The next big question is, of course, when exactly I'll have time to do all this.  Hoping I may find some helpers:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...