Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wreath-O-Rama 2010

(Title Courtesy of Tracie)

At this month's Wii/Crop I sent out three possible crafts in advance to the group so people could bring supplies and make things together.  The choices were these wreaths from last year's Food Network TV magazine, turkey bows for our many little ladies, and cards for the Scrappers Give Thanks project.  A friend, sadly, got sick and our supplies for the bows remained in Tulsa, but we did make progress on the other two projects.  Brendan and helpers made 40 cards for Scrappers Give Thanks from random things in my stash.  I hope they are what the group was looking for.

The wreaths, however,  were awesome and are below for your viewing pleasure along with the name of their creators.  We only used two of the designs, but both were very approachable and actually didn't take very long either.  A couple people made other designs of their choosing which were equally awesome.  I think the total cost was $15-$20 and making them with a group of happy chatty friends was definitely the best!  I hope to think up something similar for next year or maybe even next season!  Enjoy!
Tracie's -- notice Tracie is taking pictures and not in the pictures..grrr

Chrissie's W Wreath - pre-planned not based on magazine - (More at Clever Faeries)

Jennie - our very soon mama to be. So cute!

Jessie - miming her daughter trying to eat the wreath moments before.

Me, not the best picture, but you'll see below why I had to keep it

Candace made her very first craft at a Wii/Crop and I loved it.  She chose to make wreaths out of things that make her happy which is absolutely perfect.

My wreath - hung on the door --- briefly
Ok, my wreath.  I loved it.  It was beautiful.  I have wanted to make it for an entire year.  It turned out just how I wanted.... Notice all the past tense? Well, I hung it up, perhaps prematurely, to get it off the table and away from hungry kids.  Apparently the hanging strategy was not a good one as a couple hours later it crashed to the floor with a thud and broke into several pieces.  Tracie has ideas for salvaging it, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with the salvaged version.... we'll see how I feel in the morning. So pretty, I love it, so sad.  Maybe I'll make another????  Meanwhile, I'll look at this pretty one and be thankful for a fabulous crafting afternoon with lovely friends.  Oh, and while we did this, the guys played awesome Wii games and they with some ladies that weren't participating watched our crew of kids.  We also had TONS of food.  Fabulous, if not really restful, afternoon.  Big thanks to everyone!

4 comments:

Tracie said...

You know my favorite place to be during pictures is behind the camera!! :)

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

What is a turkey bow? I can't wait to see them when you get one made. Loved the wreathes and what a lot of work for you on yours to then have it break apart. So sad. As you make the next one you can do a tutorial for your blog! (possible upside???)

JennieMarie said...

How sad that your wreath broke!! It was such a beautiful wreath!

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

What a fun post! Love the wreaths! Thanks for the link --Kim Kesti

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...