Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 8: Cherish this Boy

Today, I felt this overwhelming urge to stop time to hold him tight to make sure he knows how much I love him, how much I love the things we do together. I think I told him a dozen times and adore when I hear it back.  I filled a day with hugs and pats, just to be sure (he told me he had zero hugs so had to refill his hug sack).

As it must be, life is different with a sister now and he gets less focus. After the initial month he has been so wonderful with this, nearly all the time. I sometimes miss "our" moments and consciously, continually find ways to create times for just the two of us. For an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays it is usually just us having lunch and talking or getting ready to pick up M. We have a Sonic date or Zoo day and I listen carefully to his stories without worrying what M is getting into.

I have loved three it is full of change and so much growing up. He can now do almost anything for himself it seems. Most of all though, I love that he can convey his emotions, needs, wants and wishes verbally. Sometimes this is hard still and we have tears, but I will never tire of his little stories and hearing him adopt little things we say. I still want to snuggle him close and hold him forever, but find he is so big and always full of independence, but we make it work.

This day, we had a fabulous time playing with the Lorax activity pages I downloaded. Simple, free, but so fun and different for us. We progressed to watching Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, complete with our favorite popcorn made together while M slept. By the time the movie ended, M was awake and Uncle Able was home to share in the fun. I love that we get these moments together and am crazy in love with my little man.

Notes:  I'm not sure this all goes in the book, but needs to go on a page somewhere so we'll make that happen.

The Lorax - is a Dr. Seuss book that we read often that is about preserving and restoring the environment (subtext).  The activity sheet is free from Energy Star/EPA as the Lorax is apparently the EPA spokesperson for energy efficiency.  I happened onto this randomly, and who knew a seek and find for a washing machine would be fun, but we enjoyed it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

I love his stories too; so free and full of his own visualizations and creative descriptions. Wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...