Monday, December 6, 2010

Reverb10: Make

December 6 Prompt – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)


Fascinating question as I try to make something almost everyday.  Today, for instance, it was our original "ABC Pasta" and random cheddar biscuits.  They were fine and made from staples we keep around our house including: Tuna, ABC Pasta, Butter, Sharp Cheddar, Thyme, Salt, Pepper, Self-Rising Flour, Chives, Crisco, etc....


That said, I think this prompt to me really speaks to my crafting mentality.  I am, of course, working daily on my December Daily book each day.  This includes taking, processing, sorting and selecting photos (with help from Picasa), journaling the story on the blog, printing it out onto the overlay sheet and typically choosing some patterned paper and embellishments to add to the base so all that is left is to adhere the photos.  Principally, I've been using SEI papers from their Christmas Mint and a few earlier lines.  This is largely because I still have a lot of this left over from when I was in their kit club and the lines are classic enough to be beautiful in the long term.  I'm trying to make what I have work rather than buy much new.  I did win some My Minds Eye Merry Days of Christmas paper last year and some the American Crafts Merry Mint collection last year.  I bought a few other odds and ends when Christmas things went on sale in the summer so I have plenty to work with, but do, occasionally, feel myself wanting something different than is in my collection.  We'll see if I make it the whole month!  


I am altering some of the pages with Stickles in Silver or Gold.  I've also been misting a bit with Tattered Angels Clover.  If you look closely you'll also see some smooch paint in green apple and siren red mixed in as well. I am also slowly falling for this Dash of Red paint and may just be looking for things to paint with it.  It is the perfect shade for Christmas!  It is so funny to me as a year ago I would have never imagined that I'd be painting and misting away.  This whole set of techniques is new and fun to me even though they've been around for awhile.  They also are lending my old products new life and versatility which is an added bonus.


As for what I'd like to make-- There is a never ending list in my head of pages I'd like to make.  I need to work on M's baby book in a more focused way as well as finish The Encyclopedia of Me (just need to add pictures which should arrive any day as well as first and last pages), make a Gratitude album with our gratitude notes from November, finish these tiny baptism gifts I was making in June, update the annual Halloween album and, I'm sure much MUCH more.  It's OK.  I look at it as a multitude of opportunity to create and about 98% of the time don't feel any pressure at all or behind as I've bought in to the idea of scrapbooking/creating today whatever I feel called to do rather than having any pressure about chronology or timeline.  I love "Making" and am looking forward to a very crafty year ahead.


What would you like to make? Let me know and I'd be glad to help or brainstorm with you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...