1. I recently saw this quote by Ira Glass on one blog and shortly thereafter the recording of him saying it on Ali's blog. I think it is key advice to those learning and striving to be creative.
2. I also happened upon this interesting post and video about "Birth Markings" or the impact of child bearing on women's bodies. As my body is well on its way to a new "bump" it was particularly encouraging and poignant, but good for all the mothers around us and our body image struggles.
3. How cool are these printable Star Wars party masks? I suspect we'll have a "real" Star Wars party some day and these would be awesome.
4. This is a follow-up to our baby boy announcement, as I just needed to say a bit more about the Kicky Pants clothes. I don't even know how to explain how soft and comfortable these bamboo clothes are. I gave Zane a set of PJs this week and Audra was won over immediately. Problem is, they are ridiculously expensive to match so I suggest finding a sale. Cinnamon Bears in Edmond frequently has some on sale and there is also an outlet sale on the Kicky Pants site as well if you want a piece or two. (I'm trying to resist more as we have so many boy clothes coming from our nephews, but maybe something for M before she outgrows their sizes?)
5. I'm starting to think about what bits we may need for the new baby and high on my "want" list is the Blooming Bath in Yellow. How cheerful and adorable are these? Clearly not something we technically "need" but we don't actually have a baby bath tub just now and I think it would be awesome to get to take a bath in this soft flower.
|Image via Blooming Bath|
Ps. tentatively, I'll have one want/like/need baby item on my five lists for the next several weeks to share the products I love and those I'm currently "thinking" about for Baby Boy. Feel free to send me any ideas you might have!