Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 17: Books!


Day 17 was the final day before the excitement really begins.  Today, was a "read in" at B's school.  A variety of different people came to Angie Debo to read books to the kids all day. This reminded me that we hadn't had our Christmas books day yet.  As one might expect, at least one of the books I bought weeks ago for this purpose has gone missing so a substitution of a "not quite so Christmassy" book had to be made.  M got the new Tallulah's Nutcracker book. B received "Seven Silly Eaters." E received  "A Child's Christmas in Wales," which actually should probably belong to Grandma or Great-Grandpa and may be swapped out for something else for him as this is a better book for lovers of literature than for one year-olds.  (Why didn't I read it first???) Anyway, we then read several more Christmas books from our collection and called it a night as Daddy was off at his last dorm duty of the year!

Crafting notes:  I wanted to fill in the empty left side of the photo so I just added these thicker bits there and in the right hand corner.  I topped them with more star sequins for sparkle.  The journaling lines are that thin gold striped washi from the SC kit.  The idea to use them as journaling lines came from Ali's day 16. I added a tiny bit of sparkly silver and called it good:)

Hopefully, I'll have day 18 soon as well. I hope all your preparations are going well!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...