Thursday, December 12, 2013

DD Days 10-11: Blessings + Candy Canes

 
Ok, so last night I spent baking cookies for my offices holiday party instead of scrapbooking/blogging.  Yes, I do make treats every single year for my office's party and mail them to DC, even though I don't get to go to the party. Sigh.  This is not my favorite time of the telecommuting year as I do irrationally like holiday parties and being part of the festivities. 

Also, I added our Christmas card facing the pictures of Brent and I at the Myriad Gardens event, but I'm not blogging it to save the surprise for people's mail boxes.  I have officially addressed and sent all 90 that I bought.  Sort of wish I had a few more, but it is what it is.  My apologies to a few cousins whose addresses I was missing and who are now missing card :(

Day 10 - Was the THIRD snow day.  It was a bit random and it took me awhile to find the story. The story, I believe, was the blessing of Daddy/Daughter (and E while he was awake) time.  Brent doesn't get as much one-on-one time with the kids as I do.  On Tuesday, after his class, he came home and they went Christmas shopping, had lunch, and then while E was taking a long afternoon nap, Brent and M made the long dreamed up snow man while I worked.  B was at a playdate with his buddy so a good time was had by all!


Here it is in all its glory.  They worked well together and she could not have been more proud.  I'm so glad they had this time together. I love seeing them so happy and having fun.


 Day 11 - Conversely, Day 11 had a very clear story -- the annual candy cane hunt!  M & B are now old enough to remember a lot of my traditional advent surprises and have been asking about the Candy Cane hunt probably since before Thanksgiving.  Due to snow day wackiness, M got to help Brent buy the Candy Canes so it was less of a surprise.  I hid all 48 of them while the kids were at school.  The littles and I ran errands before picking up B so they didn't start hunting without him. 

 B and M are getting MUCH better at finding the candy canes.  M, oddly, finds more of the high ones than B does, but she kindly helps him find them.  They also helped E with his collection. E, however, was quite content to just merrily eat candy canes as soon as he found one and wasn't particularly interested in more hunting. After each kid had two candy canes, the remaining unbroken ones were hung on the Christmas tree above E's reach.  I really like the candy canes on the tree and the whole candy cane hunt tradition. 

What is a tradition in your house for Advent?


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...