Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pockets Galore!

On two recent posts I have used pockets to create extra space for journaling or to tuck in little extra things from Christmas. Extra space is good if you want to keep something more personal, momentoes, two sided items, or longer, more detailed journaling than you usually have space for. Pockets can be on the back of the layout, as above, leaving plenty of room for a lengthy story with the photos and design on the front as in the below examples.



Basic steps for great pockets:
1) Measure the area for your pocket and cut the pocket to size with a little bit extra paper to allow for "give," this is particularly true if you are adding more than one piece of paper. So, my Christmas pocket had a lot of give and the large pocket on the page above was cut to size as only one page was going inside.

2) Use Glue Dots® Craft Dots or Glue Dots® Glue Lines around the edges paying particular attention to the corners. I have tried a wide variety of adhesives to try and figure out how to keep them secured, properly aligned and with little mess. My personal favorite is the Glue Lines as you see below. I like that there is a very neat corner and I can control the glue more precisely than with glue sticks or other adhesives. There is a very strong bond so it is important to be precise when setting the page down.
3) Consider dressing up your pocket quickly and easily with a border punch or adding a tab to the item within so it is clearer to the viewer that there is a hidden element, unless you want to keep it really private.

There you go! Quick, easy and a great way to preserve your memories.


I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jamie said...

one day, when I pick up the hobby of scrapbooking again (as I did it once upon a time and loved it). Your blog will be my main resource!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...