Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Repetition can be good

I may have mentioned my tendency to go bonkers when faced with repetative tasks or projects a few times, right? Well, for all good rules there are are exceptions and everynow and then I find something worth repeating. This time, it was Linda Barber's page in a recent CK publication. Hers was entitled I {love} three, but I initially adapted it to I love 3.5. I liked that page so much that I "might" have gone a bit crazy and done an identical page for each of B's half birthdays.

 See, even I can embrace repetition here and there. It can be very soothing and actually quite nice to have a collection of pages that are repetitive in design and therefore allow your eye to instead embrace the differences. There are some dramatic differences when looking at pages spanning four of these milestones. I am do delighted to have them done and very happy with how they turned out.

Oh, one more thing, did you notice the journaling is strangely absent? I used the same pocket idea I mentioned here to make a space for lengthy journaling on a separate page snuck in the back of each layout. 

As M and B's birthdays are six months apart I tend to have very nice half-birthday journaling/blog posts from these times that I just print out and put in the pockets. I did not, however, start blogging until a bit after B was 1.5 so there may be some memory tricks to fill those early pockets. Here's to keeping it simple and embracing repetition when it makes me happy and letting it go when  it doesn't! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Totally gorgeous!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Ohmigosh, just read your tweet! This is so flattering! Thank you! Have to say, you did that sketch justice and then some! Love your layouts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...