Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fleeting

I am very aware lately of so many moments around us that are fleeting, for better or worse.  Right now a few around me are:

  • Finding a stripped down toddler in wet sheets: fleeting
  • Snuggling my little girl close to read a book: fleeting
  • B wanting me to help him build his LEGO block creation de jure: fleeting
  • A house with only two kids, that both sleep all night long: fleeting
  • Pregnancy joys of tiny movements and sorrow of random ailments: fleeting
  • Beautiful weather in the middle of winter: fleeting
  • The big hugs and kisses from B that are my treasures as I leave for each Doctor appointment: fleeting
  • Patting my daughter's oh so soft hair and snuggling her under my chin: fleeting
  • All of us home together: fleeting
  • Having my grandfather, brother, mother, mother-in-law and father-in-law nearby, and in good health: fleeting
  • This cough that seems like it will never end: fleeting
  • The waiting and anticipation of this new life preparing to join our family: fleeting
  • The quiet moments in the evening, just my husband and I enjoying our individual passions before snuggling down to sleep: fleeting
Fleeting moments are everywhere.  Sometimes they seem to last forever, and others seem all too quick even while we are living them.  I continue to try to Savor the now and be aware of how quickly it can change.  I continue to look forward with hope an love to what the next moments bring.  I continue to cherish my memories of the moments past.  They are all fleeting.  So many of them are great blessings, but some of them are pain.  Everything changes and all these years later, I am still working to learn to embrace change for the joy, not just mourn its sorrows.

For today, try to look for what is fleeting around you.  Take a picture, mental or literal, and savor all that is now for this is a very great treasure indeed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Abbey, I know just how this feels. I love the precious moments that you know we will have only for a short time. I wish we could freeze time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...