Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Brent!



Today, is my husband's birthday.  It was a very low key day after the big party last weekend.  He claims he wanted it that way, and, after all these years, I believe him.  Oddly, today I'm remembering the first birthday of his that we spent together.  I "think" it was his 21st and we spent it chalking APO rush things all over the OU campus followed with what was to be dinner with his parents' and sister, but ended up being just us.  Most of his birthdays since have been just us (or us + kids).  I've learned that while I like my life celebrations a swirl in people and chatter, sometimes he just prefers quiet, together and that is its own kind of special.  Hooray for my love, husband, partner, and compliment.  We are so different and so good together.  I am looking forward to many, many more birthdays spent quietly enjoying being together.  I love you!


--------------
Marriage is your greatest adventure--Phineas & Ferb -- Strange wisdom from today's cartoon viewing, but so true for us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...