Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Fun Fact - We surprised my FIL in Dallas on Saturday with a 60th Birthday party that included our family and lots of fun.  Sadly, B got a bit sick, but we all had a wonderful time.  Below is a picture of my rarely seen, but completely adorable nephew Matthew ready to party with his Granddaddy. So cute!

2.  It is Valentine's Day and Brent and I will have our semi-traditional cheese, chocolate and bread at home post-kid bedtime treat.  I like it being just us, quiet and things we like in a mini-picnic. I also like not having other crazy people around, not having to find a sitter and neither of us stressing about what should be a just a shared moment of recognition of the awesomeness that is our relationship.

3. I also really like picking out new cheeses to try.  Today, B is home sick so he went we me on the cheese run and loved it! I was so excited!  One of my favorite quotes was "This Midnight Moon is a blaster.  I call it a blaster because it tastes really good, so its a blaster"  (obviously!)  He also insisted on having some of each cheese as our lunch.  So, Brent & my dinner had a tiny preview at lunch, but somehow I don't think his Daddy will mind my mini-date with his mini-me.
Twisted love
From Franciskas Vakre Verden - found via Kirtsy
4. More not-so-gooey Valentine fun via Kirtsy with these cool "Hearts in Nature"   The above is just one example of a whole series of cool hearts in nature for today's inspiration.


5.  This morning, I made the kids a trail of hearts to their Valentine's Day treats.  (Just like last year).  I lost the hearts I made last year somehow, and discovered this at 11:30pm last night.  Brent stayed up with me to make and layout a new set --- yes, he is very much my Valentine and theirs.

6. Ok, so I like a lot of the reflections in this video, but there is language that some may find objectionable/crass.  Feel free to skip, but liked the modern types of love.



7.  We did a bit of photography this morning with the remote and without.  Here, is my 22 week bump shot.


8.  Do you ever get tense/torn about Valentine's Day? On the one hand, I know it is silly and commercialized and convince myself I don't care or need anything, but then start to worry about not getting something and around the circle we go.  Not to worry, I got these lovely flowers and all is well.


9.  Have you had enough of the Valentine's theme?

How about a film strip of M at Gymnastics?

Or a video?

10.  B was home sick today with his cold/allergy/asthma mix.  I'm guessing this was the most fun sick day ever with the trip to the cheese store and lots of new Skylanders from Granddaddy. Here's hoping that we can ever convince him to go back to school and that we all stay well enough to enjoy some normal wonderful days with those we love.  Here's hoping you and yours have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Aren't those Valentine flowers even nicer when you know you don't expect them or need them and yet there they are, beautiful and yours, because he loves you and you are beautiful and his. HVD

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...